When it comes to the latest fashion trends, our Makeover Essentials beauty experts have their pulses on what’s hot for the coming year. From colorful and vibrant to throwbacks from decades (and centuries!) gone by, there’s something for everyone to express themselves in 2019:
• Tie-Dye: Think of this as an update to the rainbow shades of the 60s and 70s. Today’s tie-dyed shirts are more subdued, yet still make a powerful statement. Wispy cloud-like shirts, kaleidoscope patterns, and broader swatches freshen this classic.
• Headbands: A preppy favorite returns, with some bolder materials, like broad bands made of leather or roped velvet. Go classic and chic, sporty or funky when pulling your hair back this season. Add even more sleekness to your look with Makeover Essentials flat irons that straighten your tresses.
• Fringe: Yep, fringe accessories are making a comeback in a big, dramatic way with long strands. If you missed the hippy look, this is a hipper version that’s sure to be seen everywhere you go this year.
• Neon: There’s nothing subtle about the bright pinks, greens, yellows, and oranges we’ll be wearing in 2019. Not ready to commit to an all-over glow-in-the-dark wardrobe? Sprinkle in some brightly shaded accessories or shoes with more neutral tones.
• Prairie Dresses: The antidote to the minidress, this smock harkens to the Laura Ingalls days. Think of high necklines, long sleeves, and floor-length hemlines, replete with ruffle trim and dainty floral patterns.
• Sage Green: Evoke a sense of nature with this light, muted green in soft fabrics like silk or tropical wool. It’s like wearing a grown-up pastel.
Don’t miss out on what each season has in store for 2019. Follow Makeover Essentials on [Twitter] and keep pace with the latest trends all year long.