Summer is about nature and letting our natural beauty shine through. It’s also a time in which heat and humidity can wreak havoc on our hair and makeup routines. Makeover Essentials style mavens like to keep tabs on trends that get us through the seasons looking our best. Here are some summer essentials to incorporate into your regimen:
• SPF for Hair: When we think of sunscreen, most people forget about their locks. A good SPF hair mist can protect strands from UV light. Look for a product with at least SPF 30 or higher.
• Natural Sunblock: While the sun’s rays can do significant damage to our skin, many people are sensitive to the chemicals found in sunscreens. If you’d prefer something more organic, look for mineral-based blocks with the right SPF for you.
• Give the Blow Dryer a Summer Break: According to our Makeover Essentials beauty experts, summertime is ideal to let your hair air-dry. Ask your stylist to give you a flattering cut that doesn’t require a blowout, perhaps one that gives you a just-got-back-from-the-beach look.
• Luscious Lips Don’t Get Burned: Nothing says ouch quite like sun-burned lips. Protect yours with a tinted lip balm with SPF.
• Polish Up Your Skin: Sweat, flaking suntans, and dirt can leave your skin looking dull, even in the summer. A bit of body polish will remove all that and let your glow show.
• Smell Good With Natural Deodorants: A refreshing scent doesn’t have to be filled with chemicals. Consider a natural deodorant to block odors while saving your underarms from harsh and irritating substances.
We like to be trendsetters. If you do too, like Makeover Essentials on Facebook for the latest beauty updates.