Most people associate avocados with something you spread on toast or load up with seasonings to make yummy guacamole. Around Makeover Essentials, we’ve learned that the benefits of eating this healthy-fat fruit can extend to our skincare routines as well.
Avocado’s rep for being a super-healthy food comes from the fact that it’s rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and key vitamins A, B, K, and E. As the Makeover Essentials beauty experts can attest, not only do these nutrients nourish the body from inside, they can also improve skin’s wellness when directly applied.
There are many avocado face mask recipes out there, but here’s one that we really like at Makeover Essentials. It’s simple, soothing, and your skin will thank you:
• Step 1: Open a medium-sized avocado and scoop out the flesh, discarding the pit.
• Step 2: Mash the flesh until it’s smooth and lump-free.
• Step 3: Add in an egg, some lemon juice, and honey, and blend until the consistency is even.
• Step 4: Now it’s time to apply this mask to your face. First, make sure your face is clean and dry. Then apply the mixture all over, reaching as much of your face as you can.
• Step 5: Leave the mask on your face for 15 to 20 minutes. This is a great time to take a break for yourself.
• Step 6: After time’s up, rinse your face with warm water and gently (never rubbing) wipe the mask residue off.
We love the way our skin feels after an avocado mask. Learn more about how all-natural ingredients in your kitchen can give your skin a much-needed boost by liking us on Facebook.