February is just around the corner, bringing with it the most romantic day of the year. If your plans for Valentine’s Day are shaping up like a candy heart, Makeover Essentials has the details on this year’s hottest trends that will have you ready to say “Be Mine!” and get a fast yes:
• Flushed Cheeks: A good blush should add just a hint of color. This year’s look adds peachy or pink tones to give cheeks a subtle pop that suggests excitement and desire.
• Stained Lips: The best dates end with even better kisses. But do you really want your date to be wearing your lipstick? Our Makeover Essentials beauty experts suggest using a lip stain that can add shade to your lips to wear well all night without marking your special someone.
• Come-Hither Eyes: What sets off long, luxurious lashes better than a shimmering eye shadow. Go for a dramatic look that makes your eyes sparkle across a candlelit table set for two or in front of a roaring fireplace.
• Confection-Inspired Colors: Valentine’s Day is one of the biggest candy holidays, and everyone loves a good toffee, caramel, or chocolate. Now you can apply these treat-inspired colors to your eyes and lips, and entice your date to take a nibble.
• Pink Polish: While roses are red, nails can be pretty in pink. Take a break from the darker polish and paint your nails in a softer, rosy shade.
Whether your style is sweetheart pastel or fiery red hot, you’ll look great this V-day with these trends. And don’t forget to like Makeover Essentials on Facebook for tips on how to rock any holiday look.