Winter weather means time to bundle up. However, staying warm doesn’t mean foregoing style. Our Makeover Essentials beauty experts know that looking good and protecting ourselves from the harsh temps are not mutually exclusive endeavors. Here are five ways to be fashion-forward and comfortable this winter:
• Beanies Are Back: Your favorite headgear from childhood has returned. It’s now cool to wear a knit cap or beanie to keep the heat from escaping your noggin – even if you’re not hitting the slopes. With multiple grown-up colors and fun options (pompoms on top), you’ll be able to keep warm all winter long.
• Pretty in Pink (and Other Pastels): Soft-colored wool coats that look and feel luxurious add a touch of femininity and brightness against a snowy backdrop. Think millennial pink, baby blue, or even a gentle shade of peach. Not ready to commit to a coat or jacket in these hues? Scarves, gloves and hats in pastels make nice accents to darker outwear.
• Rich Marsala: At Makeover Essentials, we’re big fans of wine-colored shades for fall and winter and this deep burgundy is a color that complements this season perfectly. You can find it in coats, as well as shirts, pants, skirts, and sweaters.
• Poncho Perfection: When the temps dip, but it’s not quite cold enough for a parka, try a poncho or wrap. Knit versions look charming over a pair of jeans tucked into riding boots. A tweed cape adds polish to a professional ensemble.
• Sneak in Sneakers: Athletic shoes that look fashionable but feel comfortable are the way to go, especially when there’s a light dusting of snow on the ground.
Be in style all year long. Like Makeover Essentials on [Facebook] for more fashion advice.